Monday, January 9, 2012

I've Got Mozza on the Brain!

*** Excerpted from my dailymile.com workout post ***

I've got an irrational desire to own "The Mozza Cookbook: Recipes from Los Angeles's Favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria." Ever since hearing a cookbook reviewer on NPR state that it was as fine of an example of a cookbook as there ever was and that it was filled with delicious, thrice-tested recipes with beautiful, appetizing photography, I knew I had to have this book. My desire didn't subside when I read other reviews by the likes of LA Weekly ("This cookbook is freaking awesome."), former NY Times restaurant review Frank Bruni ("lavish") and countless other Amazon 5-star reviews.

For tonight's 4-mile run, I set my goal to run to the local Barnes & Noble where surely they'd have a copy. It was 2 miles to get there. Once inside, I stood in the cookbook section scanning the shelves up and down for the word "Mozza." After one pass, no sign of "Mozza" anywhere. Sweat dripping from brow into my eyes, I looked again. Nothing. Still sweating; again, no "Mozza." So I walked over to the self-help computer and typed in (you guessed it!) "Mozza." It was not in stock. Sold out.

This made me want it even more.

So I ran back home and headed straight to my computer, where, before typing this dailymile update, I browsed over to Amazon.com and searched for (say it with me ...) "Mozza." Now in a few days, I'll be the proud owner of a brand new cookbook that I'll probably never make one single recipe from, but dang, it will sure be fun to look at the lavish, freaking awesome pictures of really appetizing food!

No comments:

Post a Comment