Sunday, December 21, 2014

Oh No, Not Another Top 10 List!

Dubai, view from Burj Khalifa
It's that time of year when everything is in list form. There's the best album lists, the people who left us lists, the worst dressed lists... I believe I even saw a list listing the 10 best lists!

Well it's time for a list of my own. 2014 for me, will be a year noted for travel--particularly international travel. In one 3-week span I visited four continents. Definitely a personal record!

So without further delay, here is my list of my favorite, new-to-me cities I visited in 2014:

10) Riyadh, K.S.A.
Colombian countryside outside of Bogotá
 9) Querétaro, Mexico
 8) Cali, Colombia
 7) Guadalajara, Mexico
 6) Dubai, U.A.E.
 5) Manchester, U.K.
 4) Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
 3) Vancouver, Canada
 2) Paris, France
 1) Bogotá, Colombia

It was challenge to try to put this list of interesting cities in order, but I asked myself this question: which city would I most like to visit again?

Beautiful Puerto Vallarta
You may be surprised that I've placed Bogotá over Paris, but during my two visits to Bogotá I found the city's frenetic energy intoxicating. It's a little bit intimidating, but everyone I encountered was friendly and the rural areas outside of the city are astoundingly beautiful.

Puerto Vallarta is the only place on this list that I visited voluntarily, i.e., not for work. After having visited numerous warm weather vacation spots (Cabo, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, etc.), Puerto Vallarta is my favorite. Not only is it beautiful, but it's got a charm and energy that are unique. It's a great place to stretch your legs, get off the resort and explore.

Here's hoping 2015 presents additional opportunities for worldly experiences, for me and for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment