Wednesday, July 26, 2017

First Time for Everything!

Today's post will be short but rewarding.

Yesterday I had a customer service experience that left me beaming.

I walked into Jersey Mike's Subs at 2751 North Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa. Upon entering the
establishment, I was greeted with a hearty "Welcome!" and an "I love your shirt!" I smiled back immediately because who doesn't when they're greeted like that?

I thanked the employee and she proceeded to ask me how my weekend was. "Fine," I replied. "It was good. And yours?"

"The best. Life-changing," she said back.

"Life-changing? You don't hear that often about weekends! What'd you do?"

"I went up in a plane for the first time in my life!" she said.

And in an instant I thought, "Oh. Good for you. Everyone's got to have a first, but the novelty of
going up in a plane to me is pretty old hat. The thrill wore off about 30 years ago and is now more of a nuisance considering the 100 or more flights I've taken."

But she wasn't done yet. She continued...

"... and then I jumped out of the plane. I went skydiving! It changed my life!!"

Whoa, whoa, whoa! How cool is that! Stupid me figured I knew the end of the story, but she immediately leap-frogged over me and topped my best airplane story in an instant. See, I've never jumped out of a plane and I'm honestly not sure I could. Well, I think I could, but it's never been something that I've felt compelled to do.

So I asked, "Where'd you do it?" and she told me she did it at Skydive Milwaukee in East Troy, Wisconsin and that it was the coolest thing ever.

I really like this short and simple tale. It was a lesson in not jumping to conclusions and not making prejudgments. Furthermore, her attitude and service to me was of the finest example. Right up until I left the store she stayed cheerful with me and made sure that I enjoyed my Jersey Mike's experience.

Bravo, skydiver. Bravo!

P.S. - I do really like Jersey Mike's subs too. Especially with service like that!

Read Mike C.'s review of Jersey Mike's Subs on Yelp

No comments:

Post a Comment