Friday, March 12, 2010

Hey, Shut Up Down There!

[Note: Extracted from my DailyMile post where I post my near daily efforts to train for my first marathon.]

Experts say you should listen your body, but my brain has such a big mouth it never lets anybody else talk. However, last night the din was too loud to ignore.

First, my left knee - with his usual abrasive tone - threatened, "Hey! Yo, Boi! Lay off or I'm gonna bust a cap in your cap. Got that, Holmes?!"

Then the nipsy twins in their inimitable sarcastic manner said, "Why don't you just take a rat-tail file to us? It'd be a lot quicker."

And lastly, Mr. Left Calf with his impossibly proper English brogue chimed, "Pardon me, old chap. I sincerely hope that I am not interrupting your endeavors, but I wish to implore you to consider my well-being. I realize that, of those that are calling your attention, I am the farthest distance from your intellectual center, however, I am under great strain and not feeling altogether well. If you could be kind enough to grant me a day of tea, crumpets, and a good book, I would be forever in your debt. Thank you for listening, kind sir."

OK guys. Tomorrow you get your way. Knee, imbibe whatever it is that you smoke, drink, or snort. Twins, the martini's on me; just don't be too flamboyant though; you remember what happened last time? Mr. Left Calf, my I suggest George Watt's Gift Gallery and Tea Room on Jefferson Street? Enjoy your Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment