Friday, March 26, 2010

Damn Red Meat!

Last night's run was preempted by a final visit to the soon-moving Bartolotta's restaurant Mr. B's. For those that don't know, Mr. B's is a steak joint and I greatly looked forward to dining with some new friends and enjoying a fine chunk of well-seasoned red meat. The meal was fantastic and the conversation engaging, however, whenever I eat a meal where more than 70% of the consumed mass is meat, I'm in for a long night of crazy dreams. Dreams if I can sleep at all, that is.

Last night was no exception, I constantly zoned into and out of consciousness. Dreaming continuously of rock-and-roll stardom, little green people, and the always recurring one where I'm stranded without clothing in my high school gymnasium. The problem is, sometimes, even after the alarm clock goes off and I'm out of bed, the wacky visions continue.

So this morning I headed out the door at 5:30 for a 5-miler. It was tough to get moving, but fortunately my cigar-chomping, big, pink panda bear friend Louis kept moving me along. He said that he could accompany only as far as the Forest of Forever, but after that, a band of Snotlings would lead the way. Those Snotlings are hilarious, but they're shit at directions. After wandering around the forest for a couple of hours, we finally came upon the Temples of Syrinx. At last - the Sun! But who knew this was also the lair of Manticore - the giant vicious lion-like creature, with a human features and a scorpions tail. Manticore charged me and was just about to impale me with his poisonous darts when an army of popsicle-stick men loaded me into their catapult and launched me many miles back to my doorstep in Wauwatosa.

Whew! What a run, but tonight, before bed, I'm just going to have a bowl of Weetabix and a glass of warm milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment