Wednesday, March 31, 2010

(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Eat Hearty)

Headed out for a 9-miler while listening to the Beastie Boys. I was no more than a 1/2 mile from the start when it hit me: I gotta fight for my right to eat (and drink!) hearty.  So here it is, my running theme song: (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (t'eat Hearty)

(Power chord)

Stretch it!

You wake up late for runs, and there's ice and there's snow
You hit the snooze thrice, and your mate says, "Go!"
You ate two T-bones and deep-fried pork
And your trainer kicks your ass like you're some kind of dork

You gotta fight... for your right... t'eat hearty!

Your scale caught you cheating and it said, "No weigh!"
That damn gadget smells two feet a day
My knee is bundled up in some kind of rag
Now my wife threw away my 2-pound chips bag. Busted

You gotta fight... for your right... t'eat hearty!

Don't put weight upon that knee unless your asking for despair
One more step upon that foot there'll be some kind of tear
Your friends on the run chimed in, "What's that noise?"
Aw, dudes you're just jealous it's just techno toys!

You gotta fight... for your right... t'eat hearty!

Now enjoy the good version ...



No comments:

Post a Comment